Friday 28 December 2012

Makeup Tutorial: Emma Watson – “Perks of Being a Wallflower” L.A. Premiere

perksla_030perksla_029perksla_033


Step by step guide
FACE
First i primed the skin with Nivea soft moisturiser. You can use any facial moisturiser you have, just remember this step as it helps your foundation from becoming streaky, and it helps it glide on without a worry. Next I worked my foundation into my skin, again you can use whatever foundation you find comfortable. Remember, you don’t have to use the exact products I’m using, although in all my tutorials I deliberately try and keep the products high street. You can use your hands with this foundation but I used a Real Techniques Buffing brush. I avoided the eye lid as I was planning to use eye-shadow and I did not want another barrier between the skin and the makeup. Since the eye makeup is not going to be heavy I went ahead with the concealer and applied it wherever I needed it. If you do not need concealer don’t use it. It’s not a necessity.
After I had finished with the eyes I used a light pink blush on the cheeks. Make sure it’s blended very well as Emma only had a subtle hint of colour on the cheeks. Lastly I powdered the skin.
EYES
First I brushed out my brows using a spool brush, making sure they were clear of any foundation/concealer. Since Emma had very light brows at this time, and I have quite dark brows, I just kept them as natural as possible and just ran clear mascara through the brows to hold them in place. Remember with brow colour always go two shades LIGHTER than your hair colour. Otherwise, you could run the risk of caterpillar brows…and no-one wants that.
Eye shadow was very minimal. I used two colours both browny tones and very natural. If you need a primer, apply one now. First I applied the lighter of the two colour all over the eyelid. Then I took the darker brown and applied it through the socket, very lightly. I used the tip of a pointed brush for this. Then I used a blending brush to blend the darker brown up to the brow – do not blend downwards as you want the lighter brown to stand out. Next I ran the lighter brown all the way under the eye. Then I used a black gel eyeliner in the waterline of the top eyelid only, this will make your lashes look even blacker at the roots and make sure there aren’t any flesh colour coming through. It looked like Emma had just a bit of liner on the bottom waterline but it doesn’t look intentional, so let the liner from the top lid naturally transfer to the lower lid if you want.
Finally I applied a lot of mascara to the lashes.
LIPS
For this I used a red lipstick. Make sure you moisturise you lips when you first moisturise your kin. If you have paler skin you want a blue-red, if you have darker skin you want an orange-red. Emma, since she was pale skin opted for a blue-red. To make the lipstick last longer, first apply a lip liner all over the lip and get it as close to the colour of the lipstick as possible.


PRODUCTS LIST
Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Foundation No. 51
Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer No. 51
Miss Sporty Just Clear Mascara
UD Shadows Smog and Sin
Avon Supershock Gel Eyeliner Black
Bourjois Blush No. 15 Rose Éclat
Lancome Hypnose Precious Cells Mascara Black
Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder No. 003 Peach Glow
Rimmel London Lipstick No. 500 Diva Red

No comments:

Post a Comment